Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hello Again

I was getting too depressed to write for a while. There was nothing to say or do or think beyond still being pregnant. Now we are doing much better. The baby is so sweet! His skin is impossibly soft and he has the sweetest rosebud lips. The smell of Tucks takes me back to when my other babies were born and I now realize it reminds me of falling in love. The recovery has been going smoothly, mostly because my mom is here to help. She has been doing everything and it has been wonderful to have her here. I don't remember being so tired and sore in the past, but then the first week of all of my children's lives is a blur. I hope that someday we can go back and watch the video of them as babies. It goes much too quickly!

Matthew has left for Iowa for a music festival. All of these things sound great when they are in the distant future, but then when the day arrives you realize how insane it was to plan an event for so soon after the birth of a baby. He has been practicing today, but I don't think he really feels ready. The biggest problem from our point of view here at home is that we only have one car, it is a very little car, and Charles and Ella both have places to be at the same time, I still don't know how we are going to work it, but I have very nice friends whose boys are on Charlie's team so I think it will involve them somehow.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay--congratulations! I think the name Phineas is cool. He'll be able to pull it off. I've only heard that name once before, I think--when Julia Roberts named her son that. Anyway, I'm glad everything went okay. I hope you can get the help you need.

Oh, I was going to tell you that the other day we finally checked out Matthew's website. We listened to some of the samples and really liked them. We like his alias, too--very funny. Glad you're in the blogging world now. Hope to see some pictures soon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails