- a party to sell Norwex (I don't like doing parties like that, but the products are amazing so I did one so I could get a discount on some things I wanted to buy, but the reason I don't like doing them is because people don't like coming to them and so there weren't very many people there, but the people who did come were utterly lovely in every way and we had yummy food, too)
- the school carnival (I tried to be helpful)
- my 8th annual Mother's Day Tea (which I always stress about, but always turns out so nice, but no pictures)
- Ibby's birthday party (I tried to keep it non-stressful and then it totally was for some reason. I actually know the reason, it was the silly person who works at the bead place who didn't explain to the girls that some of the beads cost .10¢ and some of them cost $13 so after they picked stuff out I was running around wildly trying to get them to trade some of them out so that each bracelet didn't cost $120. I tried to ask her beforehand to tell the kids where they could pick from "Oh, just anywhere" was her reply, erg. She did apologize later when she saw the chaos and mayhem, but I was just too tired to be very forgiving)
- the dance recital (which just wouldn't be complete without skanky costumes and really deserves its own post because it was crazy and we kept showing up without everything we needed, like dance shoes, and I was afraid that people are going to think our house looks like a house from Hoarders, but it really doesn't, and they would call over the loud speaker "Would Lucy and Ibby's mom please bring down _____" and I was embarrassed to be me, but the girls said they weren't embarrassed that I was their mother so that was good)
- Lucy's orchestra concert
- Ella's choir concert
- Charles had several track meets (I am a very devoted mother and watched the only two of his races that I saw from the street in my car -- he ran a mile in 4 minutes and 52 seconds!)
- school field day (once again I tried to be helpful, but Phin kept needing to go potty and it wasn't close to our station, but I was working with a woman who said she had two kids -- Carson and Charlie -- who I assumed were boys, but then when they came over were both girls! Karsyn is spelled differently than I thought, but really what are people thinking? There are so many beautiful girls names in the world, stop taking the boy ones!!!)
- recovering my dining room chairs (which would take most people about an hour, but seems to be taking me two years)
- various and sundry church events (which for some unknown reason I even have some responsibility for!)
- planting the garden (people think I'm crazy for putting one in this summer since I'm large and cumbersome, but I think I'm going to want fresh tomatoes and cucumbers more than ever)
- and then of course there are all the garage sales from which I just can't stay away... I have had great luck with finding great deals on baby boy stuff so I don't really need any more baby things except for: a new stroller (sit and stand), some new diapers in fruity colors, some muslin baby blankets, a new camera, a laptop, and a car that seats eight. Not much.
Some pictures from last summer that I just found on my camera
::fourth of july street parade
Now some more recent ones
::school carnival face paint
::dance recital -- aren't they cute?
::they're almost the same size!