Thursday, March 14, 2013

the law of entropy

This morning I had a super idea!  Hey!  Why don't I give the baby his own broom so he can sweep with me, and won't steal mine so that I can actually get the floor clean.  It was pretty cute as he grunted while helping me move the chairs and stayed so busy.  It was not as cute, and I soon realized my folly, when he discovered that his most favorite thing to do was to get the bristles of his little broom up under my pile and fling all of the detritus far and wide -- completely undoing all of my hard work.  This is pretty much my whole existence.  I just get the kitchen clean and someone comes in to have a snack; just get in the last load of laundry and someone changes their clothes; just mop the floor and someone walks across the floor with muddy shoes, or eating a juicy piece of fruit while walking and dripping (grrrr); pick up all the books and hear the blocks being dumped out; change a diaper and smell some new little gift -- I could go on and on!


But at least I'm kind of trying to keep ahead of the chaos.  I always think of the Orson Scott Card character who is always whittling away at a piece of wood so that something in the universe is being created instead of everything disintegrating into nothingness.  Ooh, does that mean my sweeping is some how a creative endeavor?  Reaching much?  Yes.  I still need to find something a little bit more artistic to fulfill that need.

Does anyone else feel like all they do is run in circles?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Running in circles....yes!!! I am still laughing about the 1" banner!!!

The Queen Bee said...

As I'm reading this post Charles is pouring milk all over the floor I just mopped...circles!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails