Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Love That Body

I was so happy to be asked to lead the young ladies from church in yoga again.  It's the new year so I'm sure that the leaders were asking from a goal or fitness perspective, but I wanted the class to be all about being so grateful for our fabulous earth vessels, for all of the things they can do -- and not what they can't do or what they don't look like, ugh.  We talked about self-acceptance and self-love, trying to stay out of our heads and present in our bodies throughout the practice.  In my training at Bodhi Yoga, Syl told us that we would be better teachers if stayed open and and non -critical of ourselves, it would allow us to recognize our own inner divinity.  Well, of course, that is true with everything!  And I hope that I was able to communicate a little of that to the girls.  It was especially fun having my own two sweeties there with me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails