Thursday, February 23, 2017

Kids Yoga

This morning I started a kids yoga series held over at the Crossroads Church. They're trying to create a neighborhood community center, so a pay what you can/want yoga class seemed like a good fit -- and I can get my hours!  I'm also going to do an adult yoga class there in the evenings.  

In the Bodhi Yoga manual, Syl had put together a whole four month yoga series for kids and it is so cute!  I roughly followed the outline this morning, but with kids you never know what is going to happen!  I am used to going slower, but soon realized that they lose interest in things so quickly, so we would quickly jump to the next thing.  I also planned on using a whole hour, but that is simply too long to keep their attention!  I scheduled it for daytime and posted it on the homeschool site, so we had quite a large age range, which might have made it more difficult, too.  All in all, I feel like I learned a lot, but I'm not so sure about the kids, haha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails