Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Namaste

As I finish up my certification for the Restorative Partner Yoga from Bodhi Yoga, the world seems to be in complete disarray!  Every week there seems to be a new tragedy a new crisis and it feels so heavy.  I always hope that through the breaking, there will be space for the positive.  With the Pandemic I hope for new ways of running the world, new power structures, new ways of taking care of people, new eyes to see that the old way wasn't really working.  With the current protests against police brutality it is the same hope -- new power structures, new ways of taking care of our neighbors, new ways to see that there was so so so much unfairness and violence and it was not ever working for everyone in this country -- basically built for upper middle class white men.  Which, I guess, makes sense, since those are the people who founded our country, but!  They also claimed to be thinkers and to be Christian, so one would hope that the idea of treating other people who weren't exactly like them with dignity and respect was part of that original equation.  Every great religion and philosophy espouses the idea that one should treat others the way that one would like to be treated!  It is so basic, it is capital T TRUTH.  But basic isn't always simple, apparently.  I won't ever understand what it is like to be a black person in this country, but I will do my best to educate myself and my children, and stand in solidarity with my brothers and sisters.

I hope that by studying the partner yoga and all of the lovely side paths that go along with it, that I can add to the peace, love, and understanding on this beautiful Earth.  

Namaste 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails