Thursday, March 6, 2014

my daddy!

Happy 82nd Birthday, to my papa!  I called him this morning and he was very cheerful.  He said my mom had made him a nice breakfast and given him a nice hug.  I asked him if he needed anything and he said that he needed a belt so I hurried and ordered him one off of Amazon.  Hopefully it will work for him -- he is persnickety in his old age.  His sister, Jean, died yesterday.  He said that the last time he visited her she wasn't really aware of him and she was kind of moaning the whole time.  So he thinks she was in a lot of pain.  I can imagine her cheerful reunion in heaven -- her husband, her parents, her siblings, some of her children, and to feel good again.  Oh -- it must be a happy day for her!  He told me that when one of them (my parents) die, they'd rather live with one of their kids than in a nursing home or alone.  I would love to live with them!

Funny quotes from the boys, Phin: "Mom, the tenchapur in the bath is just right!"  Archie: As he doesn't quite make it to the toilet, "Mom!  I'm spilling!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails