Monday, June 13, 2016

Session Three

Today in the yoga training we learned about Ayurveda -- another completely new topic for me!  It is a Sanskrit word that means "science of life."  We learned about the three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, which are three energies that define people's makeup.  Oh, goody!  Heaven knows that I love a good personality quiz!  I've never done one that only had three options, though, so I was having a hard time figuring out what type I am.  I hate to admit it, but I probably missed a few things that Syl was saying while I indulged my compulsion for inhaling all of the information in the workbook about the doshas, haha!  I came home and took some online quizzes -- seven to be exact, gotta be sure!  And I'm pretty sure that I'm Pitta/Vata with a Kapha imbalance -- whatever that means!  This is definitely something I'd like to spend more time with.

We also learned about sequencing our yoga classes.  This is something I was very worried about, but can see that there is a natural progression that makes sense and will make it easier to improvise a little during a class.  We are all going to have the chance to teach a little fifteen minute class so I hurried and volunteered to go first so I don't have to worry about it for longer than necessary.  I wrote down everything that I was going to say and timed it all.  When I sat down to do it I was so nervous!  I was kind of shaking and my voice wasn't sure and steady at all, but I got through it -- and even went over the time!  Everyone said they couldn't tell that I was as insecure as I felt, so that is a relief!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails