Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Start

Today was the first day of my yoga training at Bodhi yoga and I was so nervous!  I always get apprehensive about new experiences, especially meeting new people -- what will they be like?  And will they like me?  We started at 8:30 for a 90 minute yoga class.  There were a lot of people there!  I looked around, wondering who was there for the training and who was there for the class.  We had a little break and then sat down for introductions.  There are 13 of us!  I was so surprised that it was such a large group!  But it didn't take long for us to feel at home and comfortable with each other.  I loved meeting Syl -- she is a great mixture of Twila and Melody, with a whole lot of herself in there, too, of course.   She did a wonderful job of helping us feel at ease and then we got right down to business.  The training has a nice flow of movement (to feel what we're doing in our bodies) and stillness (to converse, learn, and digest).  

Syl has created Chakra cards that are really amazing!  She passes them out during her yoga classes to help direct your mind.  I loved my card this morning and think I'll be buying the whole deck.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails