Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mysterious Ways

On Sunday I had got to teach the lesson. When I woke up I prayed that everything would go well and that I would feel confident and prepared. I then proceeded to calmly get ready for church. Ha - Picture if you will a typical Sunday morning. Matthew leaves in the wee hours, five other people clamoring for privileges in the one bathroom, girls arguing, baby holding onto leg (mine) screaming, no one breakfasting, sliding into the pew at two minutes to 9:00 with a sigh... But that wasn't where I was going with this. So the baby hadn't been fed in all the commotion so I head into the mother's lounge for a little snuggle, leaving the other kids to fend for themselves which doesn't always work out, and smallest girl was eventually brought in by oldest girl to join me. Again, not my point. I feed the baby, sit him up, pat his back, and soon he spits up all over my shirt and down into my lap. And it isn't somewhere as acceptable as my shoulder, just right smack dab down the middle. He has drifted away from being so explosive so of course I had nothing to wipe it all up. A friend kindly offered some wipes, but it still left its mark. Oh no! I knew I was soon going to be standing in front all of the nicely dressed women with my lovely white badge proclaiming to all the world that yes, I am the mother of a small child. I rush everyone to their respective classes, make copies for my lesson, go sit down in Sunday School and soon it is time for another feeding session. I find myself once again in the lounge, funnily enough with the same friend, and exclaim as I notice that I have had my shirt on backward for the last two hours! I am filled with chagrin. It seems I cannot even dress myself properly. My friend then points out that since the front (I mean the back that was on the front... are you following this?) is dirty, I could now just turn it around. Genius! And since my lesson was on the talk Pray Always we figured it was a great example of the power of prayer. I prayed and then since Heavenly Father knew what was going to happen, the Holy Ghost inspired me to put my shirt on the wrong way so that I could then switch it and wear the fresh side while I taught. He knew that I probably wouldn't have even thought of turning it around to be backward after the "incident," but maybe next time I will...

6 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

I am totally laughing over here!! The same thing happened to me not long ago - but I didn't have my shirt on backwards.

The Queen Bee said...

The first RS lesson I taught after I had K (she was only a couple of weeks old) my breasts leaked all over the front of my dress. Not a little spot the entire front of my dress was soaked and could have been rung out. I still got up and taught and joked that at least I was teaching RS and not a class with the men.

Melba said...

The sad thing is that I can totally relate...

Nauvoo Commuter said...

About 3 years ago I was meeting the president of Credit Suisse First Boston's Tokyo office. This was a $7 million salary/year guy. He drilled me, trying to find a hole in my credibility. I felt I passed and would progress further into the ranks of elite financial wizard clientele.

In the elevator, I looked down at the lapel of my $600 suit, and saw what my son had eaten for breakfast, posted during a morning goodbye hug.

The client never called me back.

Mary said...

Oh-my-gosh! That is a great story. You should have put your suit on backward, but maybe that wouldn't even be shibui.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails