1. My lovely friends threw a joint shower for my friend and I and it was so nice! I was a little hesitant at first because believe it or not, I really don't enjoy being the center of attention. Now, of course, if I'm relating a completely hilarious anecdote, I do not mind all eyes on me in the least :). Because of our amazing garage sale prowess, my friend and I both did not really need the little baby essentials, so everyone was so kind and generously gave us both money to buy something bigger for the babies. Thank you so much everyone! I put my money toward these two things:
2. Dinners have been coming in all week -- and they've all been so healthy and delicious, with dessert to boot. One kind person even brought me dinner a couple of weeks ago which was very nice for an over-pregnant person. It makes me realize how much I desperately need a live-in cook!
3. My family has been so attentive. They bring me meals in bed, ice water on demand, hold the baby (what a chore that is!), and are letting me relax and recover without having to worry about anything. Today the two older kids are gone (Ella's been at camp all week, so she missed baby's first week, so sad) and Matthew took the three younger ones to Chicago. All is quiet and serene... a magical gift.
4. My sweet friend made me the most gorgeous quilt -- I still can't believe that a. she went to all the effort for little old me and b. that she actually gave it to me and that I now own it. I was trying to put the pictures that she took up here, but I guess you'll have to go to facebook to see it. Or I may just have to take my own pictures, but then I'd have to get the camera, then find the thing-y to download it to the computer ... It may not happen. Or maybe she'll just send me her actual files because you really have to see it! I really think it may be the nicest gift I've ever been given (apologies in advance to those who have given me something amazing that I seem to have forgotten about at the moment). Thank you dear friend!
5. And of course, I feel the very most spoiled (read blessed) by the incredibly soft, velvety miracle that I have been snuggling for the last seven days. He is so sweet! Thank you, thank you for him. I feel so fortunate!
Arthur "Archie" Winfield Smith born August 5, 2011
9 pounds 11 ounces