Friday, November 6, 2009

bed fellows


Wow November whatever already! Crazy. My sister is posting things she's thankful for on Facebook so I thought I would do that here and hope that it will get me writing some more.

Last night as I fell into bed way too late, I was very thankful for my bed. I love it so much. It has just the right ratio of give and take. I will miss it while I am gone. Along the same vein, I am so very very very grateful that my baby is now semi-sleeping through the night. He still thinks he should wake up around 4 a.m. and I usually hold him off until 5 or so, but this is so much better than the kind of dozing all night long thing we had going. I had so much wanted to try the co-sleeping regimen, but it just didn't work for us. NO ONE was getting enough sleep.

I am also so thankful for the friends and family that I have. There are so many reasons why this is true, but one that comes to mind is the response to my last post of not using shampoo. Normal people would react in a more horrified manner, but not my chums. Some already knew about this, others express interest and a willingness to try it out themselves. I love that! It is hard to explain, but it seems to be a wonderful example of our commonality and general kindred spirit-ness.

1 comment:

Melba said...

Sweet. This makes me laugh because I once tried to take my own passport pictures and could never get the size quite right. We got new passports this year and I took everyone straight to Costco!

We are loving the baking soda shampoo. I am so excited about all the plastic I will NOT be using in the future! Even the kids are excited and make sure they get the baking soda before they climb in the shower. Brian is the only one not on board. He says that it is not possible for baking soda to clean oil out of your hair. (My own clean hair apparently isn't enough evidence.) But guess who buys (or in this case, doesn't buy) the shampoo???

Had a close encounter with President Monson yesterday. I was in my favorite chocolate shoppe (which I know he frequents often) and he came in! It was very weird to see him in the flesh in such a normal capacity. I told him how much one of the ladies that works there loves him (she told me a few weeks ago about him coming in and kissing her on the cheek). He starting calling to her in the back and it was quite charming. Sadly, I found out today that his wife fell last week and broke her hip and shoulder. So, he was in the shoppe buying chocolates for her.

So what is the name of the city your are going to in France? I need to talk to you more. We are still toying with the idea of going next summer, so maybe you can share some ideas about finding a house to rent, etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails