Thursday, July 13, 2017

Day Two -- Balance and Siddhartha

It is the second day of the training at Bodhi Yoga and I am enjoying it so much!  We have been spending time talking about the Gunas and the Doshas which is really helpful!  I hadn't ever heard of either of those things until I took the first teacher yoga training with Syl last summer.  Since then I have spent more time researching them -- mostly so I can understand myself more, but also I can see so much value in being able to identify the best methods for working with different types of people.  I have also looked into more Ayurveda lifestyle changes that I can implement in my life -- eating food with more prana, or life force in it, following a schedule that is more in tune with what is happening around me, going to bed closer to the sunset and waking up with the sunrise.  It is all about rhythm and tuning in.  As we work with the partner aspect of yoga, it is so helpful to look at it in terms of bringing everything into balance -- mind, body, and spirit.

During our lunch break I was able to go sit by myself, in the sun, next to the flowing Provo River,  feeling like Siddhartha receiving messages from my Mother, nature, to enjoy, to inhale, these precious days of being able to concentrate fully on this beautiful practice.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails