Saturday, July 15, 2017

Ladybug Luck

In the Bodhi Yoga training we've been talking about the art of balance -- Prakruti is a state of balance, with Vikruti as its opposite.  Each person can find their own space where their balance resides and then develop lifestyle wisdom to make that happen.  I love the Ayurvedic philosophy at looking at the whole person and the whole picture -- food, sleep, exercise, seasons, weather, relationships, work -- all of it contributes to whatever may be happening in someone's life.  In my experience with doctors here in the U.S., they concentrate on their one specialty and tend to ignore the fact that there could be other factors.  And sometimes a new problem could be created by a solution to the first problem.  Years ago I was having trouble with my tail bone.  I went to a traditional doctor who told me to take tylenol!  I couldn't even sit and it was noticeable progressing year by year!  So taking pain medication not only wouldn't solve my problem, merely mask it, it also would lead to other issues -- digestive, immunity, etc.  I had never been to a chiropractor, but I decided to take a chance and I am so glad that I did!  I had to pay out of pocket, but being completely healed and returning to a state of prakruti was so worth it.

We met at Syl's house so that we could walk the labyrinth.  Oh, how I love that place!  And as I was making my way around, I was visited by a lovely little ladybug sitting atop a cairn.  Ladybugs are a symbol of luck and I do indeed feel so lucky to be able to be here and take this time to learn and grow.  It also told me to enjoy life and live to my fullest!  The best way to do that is find my balance.  Feeling good is joyful!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails